Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sale Alert: New West Elm Markdowns

If I had to pick one store to shop from for the rest of my life, and if I didn't have to be practical about it (what, I don't need to eat and I can make my clothes out of throw pillows and curtain panels), it would be West Elm.  I have to restrain myself from a house that's 100% identifiably from their catalog, but they make amazing basics (their gallery frames, get some) at great prices, and every season brings some unique pieces that are just to die for.  This summer's Kantha throws, and especially the overdyed Kantha chair, were so gorgeous.  I'm so glad I was able to pick up one of the throws in store so I could pick the colors and pattern.

Anyway, they added a ton of markdowns to their site this morning.  No code necessary, just go to this link and browse.  It looks like it may not all be closeout merchandise, since there are some basics on there, and some of their tried and true items.  It may be just a sale for Christmas, especially since it seems like retailers are trying to get a jump on Black Friday this year.

So let's jump in.  West Elm sheets are excellent, definitely my favorite.  If you're not into sateen these are the way to go.  They have a few sets on sale for $70/set for king size, but this one is my favorite.

West Elm Dot Print Sheet Set
There are plenty of rug options as well.  I LOVE this one, the Tribal Jute Rug.  Many of the sizes are sold out so it looks like a closeout.  But at just under 4xt6 and $99, I think the largest size would be great for a larger bathroom.  At $40, the 2x3 size would be great for a doormat or kitchen rug.  (Note to family - I would love this for Christmas.  Love love love).

West Elm Tribal Jute Rug
Their hugely popular zigzag rug is being discontinued in the yellow color.  I think this is a great color (and I have a yellow and white living room rug, so I'm biased) and it's a great opportunity to save some money.  The 9x12 is marked down to $549 from the original price of $699.

If you're looking for a small bathroom console, you can save big on the 2x2 console right now.  It's $279 without the faucet (down from $499), and $349 included a great looking chrome faucet (original price $749).  Those are huge savings, but I'm disappointed that this piece is being discontinued.  It was one of my favorites in the 2x2 line.  I think it probable suffered from the fact that it wasn't well advertised in the catalog, and mostly the fact that it was too high priced for the 2x2 line.  But with solid oak shelving and a powder coated metal frame, the current price is a GREAT deal.

West Elm 2x2 Bath Console
They're also discontinuing the yellow pendant cord set, marked down to $19.99, along with the yellow industrial pendant conversion kit, down to 9.99.  The yellow industrial pendants themselves are still full price, so it looks like those will be around for a while, you'll just have to deal with a different colored cord and plate.

There's also a lot that could work as gifts this Christmas.  All throws and tabletop is 20% off, and there is some really cute stuff on final sale as well (final sale items will end in .99, regular sale ends in .00).  I think lots of people would love to receive these teacup measuring cups, cute dessert plates, or some kitchen storage jars.

No matter who you're shopping for, this sale is definitely worth a browse.