Friday, November 11, 2011

Resource: Schoolhouse Electric

Schoolhouse Electric & Supply Co. has long been a great resource for period appropriate lighting, as well as classic pieces with modern updates.  Since I first saw their site, I told myself that when (not if, I'm pretty confident about this!) I get my dream Craftsman, they'll be my go to source for lighting.  Their prices are really reasonable too, starting around $70 for a pendant.  Seriously a great resource.

So I was super excited when I heard that they were expanding their product line.  They're branching out, and while they'll still offer their classic lighting fixtures, lamps, and hardware, they're now offering furniture, bedding, and housewares as well.  And they've stayed with their updated classic aesthetic that's so fantastic.  I can see these pieces fitting into so many homes.


This sofa, the Beckman, is a true classic.  It comes in tons of upholstery options - I love the graphite velvet and the lemongrass twill.  At $2665 it's definitely a splurge, but it's handcrafted in the USA (although I'm a little confused on the price.  Under the photo at the site it says "shown in Jade Cotton Twill - $1475.  But if you click on the Jade Cotton Twill as an option, the price at the top shows $2665.  You'd have to call to confirm).

Beckman Sofa, Schoolhouse Electric
If you want to mix it up, you can purchase one of these expertly tailored slipcovers for $1275.  Expensive for a slipcover, of course.  But one person who's seen them in person said they couldn't even tell it was a slipcover.

Beckman Slipcover, Schoolhouse Electric
I'm in love with this slipcovered Stephenson Chair.  The chair is $1480 and the slipcover is $550.  I absolutely love the off-centered stripe and the colors.  It would be a fantastic accent chair.

Stephenson Chair, Schoolhouse Electric
There's some other great furniture as well.  I love the desk with the open area for stashing stuff, the wood dining table with beautiful jointed legs, and the classic metal beds.  There are even shameless knock-offs of Eames shell chairs.

I'm also kind of obsessed with their new bedding.  This duvet cover is so simple, but the yellow color is wonderful.  And the simple pattern would be perfect on a layered bed.  It starts at $115.

Egg Press Dot Duvet Cover, Schoolhouse Electric
They're also offering bath linens, kitchen accessories, bags, rugs, clocks, and accessories.  I love these stoneware pitchers for $58.

Stoneware Pitcher, Schoolhouse Electric
Check out their new website and see what you can find.  Everything is so versatile and simple, you'll find something you love!