Monday, November 14, 2011

Blast from the past

It's no secret I'm a huge fan of J. Crew.  My bridesmaids got their dresses there, I love their tee shirts so much I will pet them, and in my opinion the mixed tape cardigan is THE most versatile piece in my wardrobe.  And let's not get started on the shoes.

I got married at a zoo (awkward segue alert).  Three and a half years ago, I bought a long gold necklace with a giraffe charm from our local J. Crew store to wear to our rehearsal dinner.  It was so lovely, and cost me about $60.  Well worth it in my opinion.  But after wearing it a few times, I broke the chain while I was out one night and didn't notice until it was too late.  My giraffe was gone (side note:  if anyone found a small gold giraffe at the Fox and the Hound in late 2008 in Southaven, it's MINE).

So fast forward to this morning.  I'm about to check out at J. Crew with some shirts my husband picked out, since his keep developing tiny holes in the cuffs and elbows.  If anyone knows how we can avoid this PLEASE tell me.  I'm so tired of replacing his shirts every three months.  Something told me to check the factory jewelry section.  I mean, probably my addiction to jewelry but whatever, it's cool.

Imagine my excitement when I saw the elephant necklace that was part of the same series as the giraffe in 2008! 

J. Crew Enamel Critter Charm Necklace
 And when I clicked on it, I saw that they have the giraffe as well!

J. Crew Critter Charm Necklace
Along with a yellow hippo that I'm not quite as fond of, they're on sale right now for $19.99.  If you use the code MUSTHAVE you'll get an extra 30% off sale items, which brings them down to about $13.50.  I'm not ashamed to say I got them both.  At the quality I remember, that is an amazing deal.

For myself, I also got a long sleeve scoop neck tissue tee in poppy red for $13.50, a cinnamon colored linen blend cardigan for under $30 (photo of a different color below, I love the length and sheerness), a pair of gray cable knit tights for $10 , and a strap for my watch in a blush color for $10.

Linen Island cardigan, regular $80, I got it for under $30


I bought one shirt for my husband at full price, which I didn't notice until now (eep!), but it's beautiful - poppy red gingham in a medium scale.  It will look really good on him.  The others were from $20-40 and different types of plaid.  I also got him a henley style hoodie in distressed black for layering.  I picked that out without consulting him so I hope he likes it, but I think it will come in handy for our trip.