Monday, May 7, 2012

OOTD - Summer Stripes

Summer has hit us here in Baton Rouge.  Hard.

I went walking yesterday around 3 o'clock and I thought I was going to barf after about 25 minutes.  Unfortunately, I had walked in a straight line away from my house so I had to walk another 25 minutes back before I could soak up that sweet, sweet air conditioning.

And this outfit is a great representation of a Southern summer weekend.  I wore this to go see The Avengers (LOVED it.  Very Joss Whedon-y.  Very fun).  So while it was baking hot in the car on the way and outside the theater (where we had to wait a few minutes because we saw the 9 am showing), I knew it would be cold inside.

So I went with shorts, double tank tops, and a light sweater.  It turned out to be perfect.

Damp hair and no makeup is another summer staple.  No need to worry about foundation or eye makeup.  You'll just sweat it off.  Just a clean face, some good sunscreen, and maybe a little lipstick and you're good to go.

striped trapeze tank and braided sandals are from Target.  I love them both.  Shorts are Old Navy, sweater and black undershirt are from The Gap.

These are my everyday staples.  Etsy, J. Crew, H&M, and I don't know where the hammered one is from.  Bright, fun, easy.

The rash on my neck went away, and then came back with a vengeance after I wore a necklace one day.  IF this means I can't wear necklaces ever I will cry.  And wonder how I'll ever work enough animals into my wardrobe without pendants.

So, Brett said this outfit didn't match.  I'm liked the bright colors with the more neutral green, but would you wear this together?  Are you excited about summer or looking forward to fall temperatures already?