Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I enjoy being a girl

I've had this song stuck in my head for days.  Anybody remember that Gap commercial with Sarah Jessica Parker? Which, hey guys, was 7 YEARS AGO.


Anyway, maybe it's because I watched the Sex and the City movie this weekend (again).  But dammit, I do enjoy being a girl.  Especially lately.

I like flowers.  Everywhere.

On my nails and on a little vintage stashbox I got for my birthday.


I'm loving watercolors.


On my shoes, and as a new hobby.

I'm loving patterns, of all kinds.



Basically, I'm enjoying being a girl and having fun with life.  Pottery class starts tomorrow!

-----------------------

A quick update on my 30 before 30 list.  I've been 27 for a week and I'm already making good progress!

1.  write a letter to my grandmother every month - July 2012 letter is in the mail!

2.  make a quilt - the squares are all cut out (it's possible I had this done before I made the list)

3.  make a beautiful piece of art - I got a watercolor set from my sett husband for my birthday, and used a gift card from my brother to but large watercolor paper.  I'm on my way!

19.  frame family photos in a beautiful way - I've been going through some pictures and am planning to spend the rest of my birthday money at least starting this.

22.  get rid of the clutter - kitchen cabinets, paint closet, our vanity, hurricane closet, and thank god, the pantry are DONE.  We threw away stuff from the pantry I swear we've been hanging on to since college (powdered milk? gross)

23.  stop biting my nails - for good! - so far so good.  Having a manicure helps.

So none of the big ones yet.  But I'm proud of myself for getting proactive and getting shit done.  Especially since I'll get nothing done other than sitting on my ass watching the Olympics for the next two weeks!