Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hello Tuesday

After a long weekend of relaxing in the shade, listening to the waves, and spending time with my favorite people (special mentions to Nana and my mom), I'm back at work.

Wishing I still woke up to this view.


We stayed on the bay side, in a complex we've been going to since I was a little girl.  I've been looking out at a pier with fabulous houses on Ono Island in the background in the summers as far back as I can remember.

There used to be condos on the beach side as well, but they were destroyed in 2004 by Hurricane Ivan.  They repaired the bay side units but left the beach bare, which is actually really peaceful.  The land is for sale, so it won't be that way for long, but for now we can enjoy access to a private beach.  No pictures of our beach adventures because I didn't take my phone over there.  But we swam out to the sand bar, enjoyed the waves, saw a pair of sting rays swimming along the coast, and some porpoises further out, played in the sand.  It was a really wonderful time.

And putting up the canopy with my mom and aunt was just hilarious.

We also ate some pretty stellar food.  My mom and I went to McGuire's in Pensacola, and sat right next to their wine storage room.


She had a steak and I had a beautiful, delicious shephard's pie.  I ate half of her salad and we both had the incredible French Onion Soup.

I also had their brewed-in-house root beer.  Amazing!  Such a fun night.  And on the drive back, we saw the almost-full moon light up the water over the Perdido Bay.  It was incredible.

Also did some quick shopping, of course.  Can you spot why these shoes were on major sale at the outlets?  It's pretty easy in the picture, but in real life it's more subtle.

I had an amazing time, and I came back feeling so relaxed.  I'm looking forward to a short week at work, and it's a good thing considering all the other things I have going on this week!