Monday, January 9, 2012

OOTD: Sick Day

I'm actually at work today, but after being so sick yesterday afternoon and evening, I just couldn't be bothered.  So today, you get my actual outfit, plus my an outfit I wore a while ago and haven't posted yet (and I repeated it on NYE.

Today, I went for comfort.  The high is in the upper 70s, and it's supposed to start raining around lunch time.  I just wasn't in the mood for makeup since I thought I'd be shut in my office all day catching up.  Turns out, I've already had a half hour conversation with my boss.  Crap.

I really should have put on makeup since I have burst blood vessels all around my eyes due to all the, um, stomach activity (?) from yesterday.

This dress is that great combo of flattering and comfortable.  I love knit dresses for warm days like this.  It's almost too short, so it's probably not great for tall girls.  I know plenty of people who have and love this dress, enough so that we refer to it as The Target Dress.  It's awesome.

dress - Merona at Target, sweater - Gap, flats/necklace/watch face/bangle - J. Crew, watchband - Brooks Brothers, leather bracelet - H&M.

Basically if you want to feel like you're wearing pajamas at work, this is the ticket.

But real, thought out outfit?  Here's a cute one I've worn a couple of times, I like it so much.

We don't just leave our trash can in the middle of the floor.  Promise.
Yes, our kitchen floors are really that bad.  I assume it was a lazy DIY by the previous owners.

This outfit is super comfy and will definitely be a favorite for me.

Jeans - Gap, sweater/flats - J. Crew, blouse - Madewell

Necklace - gift, I believe it was from Etsy, bracelet - FailJewelry on Etsy, watch - J. Crew.  I was also wearing my horse earrings from Madewell which my husband said look like army men (?) shooting a bazooka (??).

Now I have to get back into the swing of things at work.  And that means do actual work, boooooooo.