Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Thank Heaven for Little Girls

Because they give you an excuse to go crazy buying adorable clothes?

I don't have a little girl, but if I did, I'd be hard pressed not to pick up a piece or two from the latest big name capsule collection, DVF for Gap Kids.

Honestly, this is a GREAT pairing.  DVF is about easy (if a lot expensive, flattering clothes for working women.  Gap Kids is about easy (if a little expensive) adorable clothes for kids.  Bam.  Do it up.

I've been known to dabble in the little girl's section for inspiration, and I am absolutely loving these prints.

A blouse in that bright green stone print?  Yes please.  But shrinking down the iconic wrap dress and making it into a romper for little girls was so smart.  Kudos on that.  The $55 price tag is not so kid friendly, but I bet a lot of grandmas will splurge on this one.

It's interesting to me that they made this dress short and so short-waisted.  They definitely won't have any petite adults squeezing into these.



My favorite is this t-shirt dress.  Such a great color/print and a simple cut.  Very DVF.  $45.

They also offer some very cute shorts and leggings, swimsuits, and some unfortunate rompers.

But what is any childless fashionista's favorite part of a kids' capsule collection?  The shoes.

These espadrilles are pretty darn cute.  The criss cross even reminds me of some of the more iconic DVF wedges for women.  I wouldn't mind having a pair for myself, but I'm holding back.  They're already sold out in the 6, but they still have 5s available.  (I'm a women's 7.5, on the smaller side of that size, and I can wear a kids' 5).  At $45 they're a pretty good deal.  I love the heart print and the color.  They're available in all sizes in a pink splotchy print, and completely sold out in black except for size 12.

These printed hi-tops, for $40, I love.  Love love love.  That print is just adorable.  They're already sold out in 5 and 6, but if you have teeny tiny feet or, you know, an actual child you may still be able to snap them up.

The graphic tees and tank are also selling out quickly, especially in the larger sizes.  Hopefully some of this stuff will be available for kids!

A preview sale is up right now for Gap cardholders.  The sale hits stores and will be available to the public online tomorrow.  Hurry before crazed tiny women buy it all!