Thursday, April 4, 2013

What's new?

I for one am ridiculously excited about spring weather.

The mild winter doesn't bode well for a very comfortable summer, but I'll enjoy the 80 degree highs while they last.

I've been really into wearing my spring dresses.  It's super fun to pull out the real birghts.


Around the house, we've been making some small improvements too.  We replaced the old, nasty ceiling fan in the kitchen with a track light.  A million times better.  And I hung up some art that Brett bought me for Christmas.  Waiting to get the last two hung up and our new console table to be delivered and I can work on getting rid of the last of my college furniture.  I don't think we'll ever get rid of the lamp/table/magazine rack of Brett's.  Sadly.

I also cut my hair really short again for Spring/Summer.  I tried growing it out last summer and I was just never ever happy with it.  So again, I've slowly cut more and more off until I ended up here.

Since we're now in April, I wanted to revisit some of my goals for this year.

First: be more organized and get my shit together

Ha!  No.  All I can say is no.

Focus on quality and only buy things I love

Giving up shopping for Lent helped with this, I think.  I made it the whole time, and it got me out of the habit.

When we decided to buy a console table this week, it was easy for me to decide to shop around for the best bargain, and spend a little more on one that could last us a very long time.  I've tried to apply this as much as possible, whether it's buying a soap dispenser or replacing all of my pajamas that wore out at once.  Quality is worth it if it means I don't have to constantly buy more shit.

Focus on health

Working on it.  Still working on it.

More pink and shiny things

Well, see the dress above?  Early this year I also bought my second cambridge satchel.  In hot pink.  I need to take some photos of it, because it is seriously a STATEMENT.  I love it though.

Have more fun

Definitely.  Lady Gaga concert, visiting friends in Boston, playing drunk air hockey for three hours, eating crawfish in the backyard.  Fun is a priority for us right now and I'm really loving it.

Get a new tattoo

Done.  I kind of want to get another one.  Like ASAP.

I really need to take some pictures now that it's healed, but you can see the bottom peeking out here.  I LOVE it.


Upcoming things I'm psyched about.  Getting/styling my new console table.  Cleaning out the guest room closet (we have literally NO IDEA what's in there, but it's totally full.  Maybe we'll find a million dollars!), getting some vintage Louisiana maps framed and hung, and framing a set of old drafting tools I bought for $5.  Also possibly dying the living room curtains and making some floral pillows.  And rewiring a lamp.

Let's see how much of that actually happens.  Let's just see.